Monday, April 09, 2012

How Emotions Can Triumph Over Reason

Whoa! I was totally not prepared for the meeting I just had with my client. I thought I was. In fact, I was very prepared based upon our last meeting and all the decisions that had been made.  However, life, and clients, have a way of throwing you curve balls. Sybil showed up again!

The bottom line is that I came into this meeting ready to facilitate the client making some substantial asset transfers to his youngest son – it was supposed to be a slam dunk. The transfer was going to be of B-Member units in a real estate LLC.  The transfer was for tax planning purposes and to bring the youngest son up to parity with his older brothers on transfers that the father had previously made to them. The transfer would have had no impact whatsoever on the client’s control of the asset or on his income. Simple, right? No brainer, right?

To read the end of this blog, click here.

Labels: ,

Comments on "How Emotions Can Triumph Over Reason"

 

post a comment