Monday, November 14, 2011

Change of Heart Leads to Change in Plans - Is Your Succession Planning Strategy In Alignment?

Another situation I dealt with recently during an annual review of planning involved what I refer to as a “five minute bomb.”  Five minutes before the end of the meeting with a client, when I’m preparing to leave and go home, he says to me “oh, there’s something else I forgot to tell you” and it is inevitably an intense subject that requires much more than five minutes to handle.

“Oh no! Here it comes,” I think.  Sure enough, it’s a big, hairy issue. Whereas I used to feel anxiety about these bombs, I have come to rely on these as opportunities for further engagement and building client reliance upon me as an advisor.

To read the end of this blog, click here.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Change of Heart Leads to Change in Plans - Is Your Succession Planning Strategy In Alignment?"

 

post a comment